You may – or may not – know that I’m currently doing a Shakespeare Studies MA and would be really interested to know the following:
- What is your favourite Shakespeare FILM and who directed it/starred in it?
- Why is it your favourite?
- Did you know the story before you saw the film?
And whilst these are the main things I want to know, please say as much or as little as you want about the reasons for your choice
To help prompt you, some of the better-known versions of Shakespeare on film include:
- As You Like It (Branagh)
- Hamlet (Branagh)
- Hamlet (Zeffirelli)
- Hamlet (Olivier)
- Hamlet (Almereyda)
- Henry V (Branagh)
- Henry V (Olivier)
- King Lear (Kozintsev)
- King Lear (Brook)
- Love’s Labour’s Lost (Branagh)
- Much Ado About Nothing (Branagh)
- Macbeth (Welles)
- Macbeth (Polanski)
- Othello (Welles)
- Richard III (Olivier)
- Richard III (Loncraine)
- Romeo and Juliet (Luhrmann)
- Romeo and Juliet (Zeffirelli)
I am trying to get as many views as possible and to understand (from your point-of-view) what makes a film a success. Please pass this request on to as many of your friends/colleagues as possible.
Hope to hear from you.